Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Jessica's Clothing Assignment

Part I

Subject: UW Student
Sex: Female
Age: ~20
Race: Caucasian
Religion: no visual cues
Clothes: Subject wore blue jeans, slightly too large for her width. Jeans also seemed too long, as indicated by the wear at the bottom back of jeans were, presumably, the heels of shoes tread on the cloth. Shirt was a long sleeved dark green shirt with no visible wording or pictures. Had a green-black fleece jacket with hood to ward off cold. Subject wore mildly dirty blue and white sneakers showing definite signs of wear and tear. Socks were white with a rather cryptic “no nonsense” written in black. Brown hair (over 1 ½ ft long) was tied back in a braid with many a hair escaping the restraint. Subject wore glasses-presumably for distance as they were worn constantly rather than just when reading-which had dark brass metallic coloring. Braces were “ocean-blue” (this is my roommate’s description, remembered from a long-ago trip to the orthodontist).

Part II

My clothes were the result of me not really caring what I wear as long as it’s comfortable and does not clash mightily. It was also the result of me waking up before my roommate and not turning the light on, and then grabbing the top shirt and pair of pants in my drawer. The fleece was chosen because I had worn it the day before and had not yet hung it up. The jeans are too big because they are actually my mother’s, who is a little taller and wider than me (she gives me her clothes if they no longer fit comfortably). The sneakers have been my sneaker pair for the past two years and are quite nice and worn in. My socks…actually the only reason I remembered to mention the “no nonsense” thing is because I’ve been wondering for a very long time what the heck that meant and why it was on my socks. Of course, I’ve never bothered to actually look it up because that would take time and it would probably be some sort of inane marketing scheme and my personal imaginings on the matter are rather fun for when I am being sinful and am at my highest level of 21st century boredom. My hair is tied back in a braid in a way reminiscent of my entire middle school and high school time when my hair was much longer and much less troublesome tied up in a braid. However, as my hair is shorter now, it seems to be less satisfied in staying in the braid for the entire day. My glasses are actually trifocals, which means that without them I am sad. My braces are oh so enjoyable bits of metal cutting into my mouth from which my enjoyment mainly derives from being able to pick out the new color of banding every eight weeks.

No comments: